You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on the servers that we use.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, meter number, account numbers and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as paying your bill);
- Correspondence through the Site and/or correspondence sent to us;
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, ad data, and other information including IP address and standard web log information; and
- Supplemental information from third parties. For example, if you are attempting to pay your bill on-line, and the information you provide cannot be verified, we may utilize a third-party verification organization to verify your identity for your protection. Or, we may ask you to send us additional information (such as the last four digits of your social security number, driver's license number, mother's maiden name, a recent invoice or other information confirming your name, address, telephone number, account numbers and/or meter number), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information. In addition, we may share information with service providers or other business affiliates with whom we conduct business to provide you with information about your service, new products or services, special offers, discounts, or other information that may be of interest to you.
Note: We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years old.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve or personalize our services, and we may use such information to inform you of Texpo services which may interest you. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference once you sign-in on the Site.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you and our customers with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Work with and disclose info to our third‐party vendors, who are under confidentiality obligations,
solely to provide you with our services, enhance your customer experience, and fulfill your requests
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and respond to claims that content on the Site violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Texpo affiliates and successors (and parties who acquire the assets or control of (or merge with) Texpo) who are engaged to perform service or functions for Texpo and Texpo customers;
- Your local transmission and distribution utility company (collectively, "TDU"), pursuant to the TDU’s
commission‐approved tariffs or regulations;
- A consumer reporting agency as defined by the Federal Trade Commission;
- An energy assistance agency to allow a customer or applicant to qualify for and obtain other financial assistance provided by the agency; and
- The office of the Public Utility Counsel, upon request pursuant to PURA §39.101(d) or such applicable governing body and law as it relates to the oversight of retail energy services in your area.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Access, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your information is stored on our servers and servers of data and service providers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use several tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. We also require our employees and affiliated service providers to refrain from disclosing your personal information to unauthorized third parties. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. Further, although Texpo uses software to ensure the wellness and safety of the Site, we do not warranty that the Site or our digital correspondence with customers is free from harmful elements. Due to the rapid evolution of computer viruses and other internet issues, we strongly recommend that you use anti-virus software when accessing this Site.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- We offer certain features that are only available using cookies;
- Most cookies are "session cookies" meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of the session;
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site; and
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control.
When you surf the Internet, your Internet browser (such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer) may automatically transmit some information to Texpo when you access content on Texpo site. Examples of such information include the URL of the Web page you were just on (known as the "Refer"), the IP (or Internet Protocol) address of the computer you are using, or the browser version you are using to access our site. All such information is collected by Texpo and is used to help improve our offerings to you. Texpo does not accept any responsibility for any third party creating cookies in your system. Cookies may be part of the technology implemented by your Web browser.
Your Texpo customer password is the key to accessing your online account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your Texpo customer password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Texpo and change your password.
Information Use and Copyright
All information and content ("materials") on this site and any intellectual property rights embodied therein are the property of Texpo or its information providers. Unless otherwise stated herein, none of the materials on this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, sold, broadcast, stored or otherwise used without the express permission of Texpo or the original copyright holder. You may display and print materials available on this site solely for your personal, non-commercial use, if you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. Unauthorized use of materials contained on this site is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
The materials specified above do not include the design and layout of the site. Elements of this site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated, in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from this site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Texpo. Texpo or its suppliers may provide software for download on the site. Use of software provided on the site is protected by copyright law and governed by the terms of the end user license agreement that accompanies such software. You may not install or use any software that contains an end user license agreement unless you first agree to the terms of the end user license agreement.
Limitation of Liability
Although Texpo attempts to ensure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Texpo makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this site, results obtained from the use of this site, or interruptions in the availability of this site. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. EVEN IF TEXPO HAS BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, TEXPO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA) ARISING FROM OR BECAUSE OF INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, OR IN ANY SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE. TEXPO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER PROPERTY OR LOSS OF DATA ARISING FROM ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS OR THIS SITE. Some states may not allow this exclusion or limitation of liability, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Right to Modify
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, "Marks") used and displayed on this site are registered and unregistered marks of Texpo and others. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting, by estoppel, implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark. Texpo aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. Texpo's Marks may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this site, without our prior, written permission.
Links to Third Party Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Texpo is not responsible for the content of such sites including any changes or updates that are made to the linked site or the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on those sites. Texpo provides the links as a convenience to you and the existence of the links on this site does not imply that Texpo approves of or is affiliated with the linked organization or company, or its products or services, or that the linked organization or company approves of or is affiliated with Texpo. Texpo does not vouch for those persons, companies, or other organizations whose goods or services may be accessed or displayed through or on the site.
Texpo's Right to Prohibit Access
Notice To California Users
Pursuant to our responsibilities under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), the below information describes the categories of personal information that we have collected.
The following personal information was collected through your use and input of data onto our site:
- Identification data, such as your name, email address, birthday, profile name, IP addresses, device IDs, mobile advertising IDs, anonymous Texpo user IDs, and other similar identifiers;
- Payment and financial information you provided for services;
- Your online activity data, including browsing and search history;
- IP address location data;
Such personal information indicated above may be used by Texpo for a range of business purposes, including:
- Operating and maintaining your account;
- Marketing our services;
- Analysis of data in the normal course of our business, including quality assurance measures;
- Fraud detection and prevention;
- Compliance with law or exercise or defend legal claims;
Under the CCPA, the disclosure of personal information to our advertising partners to provide you with personalized ads may constitute a “sale” in some instances. The personal information disclosed is limited to the following:
We do not otherwise "sell" personal information.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
CCPA affords you the following rights. You must verify your identity before Texpo takes any further action for a request.
- Right to Access: You have the right to know and access what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete: Texpo shall delete your personal information upon your verified request.
- Right to Opt Out: You have the right to opt-out of any future "sale" of personal information.
- Other Rights: You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.